Friday, February 18, 2011

Recovering Diabetes

Remember when i mentioned the challenging things that happened to me? One of it was my mother who was warded due to diabetic.

At first, it was only a small wound on her feet. She ignored it until she felt pain on it, where it lead to her being warded for 3 days in Kuala Lumpur when she came to visit my brother in Putrajaya. After proper monitoring and checking by the doctor and a small operation on her feet, she was released from the hospital. One week later i received a SMS from my father told us that my mother was warded again due to high fever, diabetic and suspected heart problem. It was later figured out that few people suggested my father to give my mom this and that (mostly MLM's thingy) that actually worsen the situation.

We were so worried that we took a half day (not really half, it was passed 3pm on that day) to go back hometown. But, as usual la kan..dgn anak kecik ni you can't go just like that... Have to go back to pack our items (the little girl's items actually) and then trapped in the traffic jam half way.. it took us more than 2 hours to reach Tol Sungai Besi, by then we were hungry and needs to fulfill the nature call . Stop for 45-min to eat, toilet and change diaper, and straight forward to the hometown for another 1 hr and a half. By then it was already midnight... and only able to visit my mother the next day..

To cut it short, she had an operation the day after to remove dead cells on her feet. Her sugar reading was still high , about 20 ++ ..injected with insulin but the lowest to go is only 17. Normal people reading should be between 4-8, if i am not mistaken. We went back on Sunday, as my husband really need to work on Monday (we were on emergency leaves for 2 days); and came back on Monday evening.

Within 5 days, she went for operations for 2 times. Shocked to see that she can viewed her feet's bone, my mother cried. Afraid that she may be loosing her leg. I told her not to worry as i have people around me (of course mature people) underwent the same problem and procedure as her. At that time, her sugar reading was still high.. never went down lesser than 17.

My mind worked hard for me to think what to do ..what to do..to ease my mother's trouble, what can help to reduce the sugar reading, what should she eats to help her recover, what food can help the healing etc.. etc...

So, what did we do?
It is a combination of all.. Pray, Food , Medicine and Supplement..

Alhamdulillah..
One person i knew took 3 months to recover and able to walk again.
Another person i knew took 1 month for the cells to start growing back.
My mom? Only in few days time and 10 days after the second operation she was released from the ward.

How did we managed it?
Let's continue it later...


Antara ikthiar kami... Want to know what is this? Check out my future posting..

3 comments:

Ummu Auni said...

wah interested nak baca ni :)

ieka said...

hehe terima kasih la rajin membaca updet ku hehe

Ummu Auni said...

aku mmg la jadi follower ko