Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Root Cause

Last night i had a conversation with my housemate. It was (later) dragged to work matters, and i suddenly expressed to her that i am not feeling quite 'well' for the past few months; especially since i changed to new department.

I have to admit that my stress level kept mounting every day; to the facts that i made a number of mistakes in my job; and the customers have been waiting for my responses; and the non-stop work that keep on coming to my desk and my email but my inability to fully understand what is it all about or how to do it; and when i'm needed in the meeting with the customers and i totally felt lost while at most time will be saying this in my heart "what the h*ll these aliens are talking about"....

And then it happens... I started to miss my previous work; where i felt i am better on and well verse ....

i received these bouquet of flowers and a present on my last day at my
previous unit..

This is the risk of changing your expertise to a new different experience. I thought i wont last long, because the frustration and dissapoinment in myself is almost there.. Thank you, to my housemate that she told me to find the root cause of what happened. I then realized that i never had a proper training and info on my tasks, plus never i had a good understanding and picture of what i am doing. It became worst when i am so used to proper process and procedure, but it seems to did not exist here. Culture shock, i supposed.

But i am ok now, better off.

Just trying to relax myself, and forgive myself for not able to do things which is beyond my knowledge. (This suggestion really work on me, i got better sleep last night). Now i am working out for increasing my knowledge, and brush up the proper process to be enforced here, not to all but at least to what i am doing..

Thanks, everyone.. Those around me are very helpful ..
Thank you, Allah for make it easy for me when requesting for other's assistance.

2 comments:

ASaL said...

the new you eh i mean blog's skin? Its new year 2008 already. Moga tak terlambat eppy new year.
Last time kata nak share gambar di China, mesti best kan, masa gi Korea pun rasa dah jeles semacam...
May Allah's will ease you, in everything you do...
:)

ieka said...

As, thanx for the pray. hope the same for you too..

Should be considered as new skin.. but not so long before it becomes unchange skin. he he he.

alamak. sedih nak beritahu, i didnt go to china due to unavoidable circumstances... but do check out the webfoto for updates. he he he;)