Thursday, May 03, 2007

Seoul Part 3

[1] My first Cupcakes


Who said chatting is bad? It is not bad at all.. heheh I was online in the middle of the night, when i saw Tauke Kek Cawan Kak Sity was online too. Chit-chatting with her about this and that, only to know she was baking cup cakes; while chatting with me.. huhuuh.




Wahh hebatnya kawan2 saya. Another cakes tauke in the group. In the end, the conclusion was because of that i received special cup cakes from her the next morning (yeah, provided i have to rush down to KL just to receive this special gift..eheh). Thank you very-very the very much kak sity. Muahhhs.




Here is the cupcakes for me!!








Those interested may give her a call. ;)


More of the cupcakes pic at http://sity29.fotopages.com




[2] Continue journey on day 1 in korea.. (bila nak abis da..)

Picture of a street in Seoul
(Rollie, this is my own photo, ok:P)






After the meal we went to the Seoul World Cup stadium. For someone who is not so keen in football, I think nothing much for me to see there. The stadium has setup boards on pictures of Korea/Japan final matches, shop selling souvenirs and yes, I found one big heater where it became the center of attraction for everyone. Heheh On our way here, the snow started to fall down. The cold wind strongly blew inside the stadium, made me (us?) unable to even put your hands out of the jacket. Thus, you can imagine how cold it was.

If I am not mistaken, there will only be snow when the temperature falls below 10Celcius (-10C). It was not supposed to snow anymore since it was the end of winter. But I think so many people in the busses were praying hard to see and feel snow; and their praying was granted. Nearby the stadium there is a booth, we assume it is a public phone booth but using cards. It looks sophisticated; until we cant figured out to the end how to use it:P. Nearby, there are also few public phones using coins. Now that we don’t even looked at it. (sorry, cant have the pic since my camera was not ok yet. Remember?).







(Picture of snows on top of the vehicles and on the road, after a heavy snowing on the night earlier)





After that, we went to Itaewon. By the time we departed from the bus, the snow was heavily falling down. I mean it was really heavy and everyone was like Hu Ha Hu Ha Yeah Yeah.. Well, a usual reaction from people who faces humid, hot and raining season through out the year:D.



Itaewon, a shopping district. This place is famous for two reasons; one because the only Mosque in Seoul is here and most of the Muslim’s communities are here ; and 2nd because (according to them) the US Army based is nearby Itaewon.

Since to my knowledge that the only mosque in Seoul located here, we were trying to look for that mosque. Unfortunately due to language barrier (most Koreans cannot speak English; and all Malaysians delegations there cannot speak Koreans:D); and ½ hour before due gathering-time we were informed that the mosque (they referred it as Muslim Temple.. err.. what to say?) was about 1km more. I don’t buy anything yet. (not planning to buy actually..not enough money..ehhehe).

We (the muslims) were so hungry since we dare not to simply eat anything on the streets. The non-muslims really enjoyed the food there. The only thing most of us did was went to the McD nearby. I bought a cup of Hot Chocolates only since not dare to ask for the others, they serve hamburgers –pork meat (that cost me about 2,000 won or RM7.6 if directly converted to RM).

Only when we were in the bus we saw a muslim restaurant across the road; a little bit up of a small hill (Seoul is surrounding by the ocean and has a number of mountains around; so geographically the road/land is not technically straight). But then we were already late. Since the dinner is not provided, thank you to all the instant noodles we brought from Malaysia – that is our dinner.

The end of Day 1.


P/s: 1. The end too for this posting. Did my writing too lengthy and too detail?
. Some friends complaining that I am not posting my own pictures, but photos taken from other websites. Well, dear friends, otherwise stated all the pictures are mine. I took it myself. :P

No comments: